An Interview through Sharon Callahan
Our relationship with cows is complex. After years of exploiting this species for its milk and meat, most of our society has allowed the droning echoes of such long-held practices to dull our sensitivity for these living, thinking creatures. We may become outraged at the extinction of birds, frown at the mistreatment of cats and dogs – but how many of us extend our sympathies to cows? Cows and steer provide what is considered the staple meat for many humans. So much so that rain forests are being cleared at alarming rates to make room for ranches to raise them. And while we don’t often like to think of it, our treatment of them in the name of profit and efficiency has created tremendous horrors for these beings – these feeling, wise beings who are very much our equals. Before the outbreaks of Mad-Cow Disease which has brought certain ranching practices to public light, very little has been known about how these animals are treated. It has been a welcome ignorance – we simply did not want to know. Yet if we are to increase our understanding of our interrelatedness with all things in our journey back to Oneness, we must now open our eyes to everything that we have perpetrated. The transgressions of one is the burden of us all – it takes only passive allowance for a crime to be committed. This interview is done directly with the group consciousness of the cows through Sharon Callahan, an animal communicator. The answers to these questions have surprised me. As another living creature, I’ve been appalled; as a mother, heartbroken. Please listen and read with your heart. As difficult and painful as it is to become conscious of these things, it is also liberating and expanding. And what aches we feel are merely the growing pains of an emerging heart.
Q: Were cows meant to provide humans with milk? Is this one of the purposes of your existence?
Q: And just for the record: as humans became omnivores, eating meat as well as plant life, was it part of your contract with humanity to offer your flesh for our consumption?
A: The only contract is a contract to teach and to learn love. No creature wants to be killed and eaten. All creatures seek life, happiness and freedom from fear. Our contract with you has to do with teaching the lessons of love and compassion and how love and compassion relate to health and wellbeing. It is your species’ choice to take the path of greed, excess and ill health. The lesson is being learnt.
Q: In the past, cow’s milk has been thought of as one of the most nourishing substances humans could consume. Recently, however, more and more people (particularly children) have been developing rather severe allergies to dairy products. Can you give us insight into this?
A: Our milk was never meant to substitute for your own milk for your own offspring. As you stray further from sacred relationship with us our milk becomes poison…filled with the energies and vibrations of greed and ego as well as poisons that you feed us which are carried in our milk. We are forced to keep producing offspring who are taken to slaughter. How nourishing can our milk be when we suffer not only from lack of sacred relationship to you, but suffer as well knowing the fate of our children. Our milk is filled with grief. And you are failing to nourish your own children either physically or spiritually. Your children need nourishment from you. You are failing to teach your children to be nourished through the other senses. Sight, hearing touch, smell and light. You have come to put too much emphasis on physical nourishment through food. You have lost touch with the more important forms of nourishment. As you return to an understanding of nourishment on a spiritual level you will need far less food than you now believe, your species will return to health, and you will come into right relationship with other creatures. Your children suffer greatly from not being nourished directly by your own bodies and not being taught to derive nourishment directly from the life force present around you at all times.
Q: Do you have a sense of how your grief (which is poured into the milk humans ingest) is affecting humans?
A: All things are vibrational. The vibration of grief permeates our milk making it as a poison for you. . . a poison for your spirits as much as your bodies. When you ingest our milk such as it is, you carry the vibration of grief and suffering in your bodies and spirits.
Q: Are humans meant to be sustained primarily by the life force that you earlier mentioned, by what some call Prana? Is the mere sight of beauty truly nourishing to our physical forms?
Q: As we have domesticated cows and steer, your species has appeared in many places on the earth including places that you are not indigenous to, like the rainforests. Is there a specific place on Earth, and no other, that you were meant to inhabit?
A: We are able to adjust to many habitats as we have lived in close relationship with human beings for so many eons. We are an important element in many different landscapes. When well cared for we offer a sacred image of contentedness, gentleness and motherliness which is beneficial to all who see us. Humans forget that nourishment can come by way of sacred imagery and that it is possible to be nourished through our eyes by an image of motherliness and tenderness.
Q: In some traditions, cows are held in reverence. Myths exist speaking of your mystical nurturing nature, and in many places in India your species is venerated. Can you give us some insight into the origins of these?
A: All beings should be held in reverence. Cows embody the divine feminine…the giving, the nourishing, the receptive aspects of the Divine. Our bodies (dairy cows) are the epitome of femaleness. We should be revered for the divine qualities that we represent as should all other creatures be revered for the divine qualities which they represent.
Q: Is our exploitation of your species, then, representative of our exploitation of the Divine Feminine? Can you name specific practices that humans can enact to restore reverence for cows and for the Divine Mother?
Q: What do you envision as the “perfect” relationship with humans?
A: One of sacredness and love and mutual nourishment.
Q: Barbarous practices among some ranchers have been pointed to as being the physical cause of Mad-Cow Disease. Can you name specific spiritual and/or energetic causes for this disease?
A: All diseases originate in the mind of man – within his own distorted thinking. Our species act as a mirror of your own thinking. You are being driven mad by greed and exploitation of other species and Earth itself. We are being driven “mad” by your treatment and exploitation of us and over the loss of our children.
Q: What are the greatest concerns that you have right now? And are there any that we have not mentioned yet?
Q: Were you meant to have human caretakers? Should you be allowed to roam free the way buffalo once roamed the plains?
A: In the true meaning of the word “to take care,” yes. We should all take care of one another. Animals take care of human beings in many ways. When human beings domesticate a species, they take on responsibility for that species. In a sense you have created our bodies to be dependent on you. As we are, we cannot survive roaming free. You have created a situation of dependence. We must return to sacred relationship with one another which would include a cessation of breeding us to the extent that you do and an allowance of our bodies returning to a more natural state.
Q: Most of us are so lost in the practices of our time. Can you give us some specific ideas as to how we can return you to a more natural state, especially as you mentioned that (at least at this time) you require human caretaking for continued survival?
Q: For now, what can your caretakers do to help alleviate the stresses that your species are facing?
A: It is a difficult mess you have created. It requires a shift in consciousness that most of you are unwilling to move into at this time. Perhaps the lesson will only be learned as your species becomes more and more ill from partaking of our milk and our bodies. As you stop exploiting us for the perceived benefits gained from doing so a natural balance will be restored. It is not for ourselves alone that we say these things. Exploitation of Mother Earth is harming you in many ways.
Q: Any last thoughts or other issues you’d like to address?
A: Treating one another with love, compassion, and sacredness is the solution to all difficulty.
“Although Sharon’s ability to communicate with animals has been with her from childhood, a near-death experience in 1987 enhanced her ability to communicate with animals telepathically, giving her a deep understanding of the role of animals in the spiritual lives of human beings. This experience led to the creation of the Anaflora flower essences for animals, the first flower essences made exclusively for the animal kingdom. Since that time Sharon has pioneered the use of flower essences in the treatment of animals.”
Join 317 other subscribers
- Animals Are Their Own Pharmacists
- PowerPoint for Shelters and Rescue Groups – Introduction to Reiki for Animals
- No Words Needed
- In Memory Of Sirius, Only Police Dog Killed In 9/11 Attacks September 11, 2013
- Buyer Beware! Cat’s Meow Cat Toy
- If You Love Animals
- U.S. Government Reports on Our Pet Expenditures
- Animal Reiki Code of Ethics
- Golden Retrievers on the ground in Moore, Oklahoma
- The Intention to Hold the Healing Space
- My First Experience with Reiki for Animals
- The Black Cat Auditions — Wanted: Black Cat to Act
- A Message from Honey Bee Consciousness
- Cow Consciousness
- Cow Consciousness
All Creatures LARGE and small
- Broke(n) Artist The Blog of Artist Karen Friedland
- A Year in the Park The mysteries of Brookiyn’s Prospect Park revealed
- Ms. Cranky Ms. Cranky shares her views on whatever annoys her
- I Dwell In the Spaces Between Words and Images My writer’s blog
- The United States War Dog Association An informative site dedicated to military dogs
- Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation An equine sanctuary that rescues, retires, rehabilitates and retrains thoroughbred racehorses no longer able to compete.
- The Humane Society of the United States Animal protection agency
- The Dog Files Filmmaker and dog-lover Kenn Bell
- Animal Legal Defense Fund “…fighting to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system.”
- The Lady Bloggers Society The Blog for Blogging Women
- The Hound and the Found “Follow Grom the dog as he leads his human partner through adventures in the wilderness looking for the lost.”
- ProPhoto By Lori Lori Schmidt is an equine photographer.
- The Daily Honk Boswell the Goose’s blog
- Mr. Flapper the Duck “The quacks, life and fun of Seattle’s famous duck.” Mr. Flapper’s blog is attached to the site, too.
- Dogs in Singapore Singapore dogs and their lovers
- The Judy Chronicles
- Whispers of the Spirit, LLC “…a practice dedicated to holistic care for people and their pets using telepathic animal communication, Homeopathic Medicine and nutrition.”
- The Yellow Dog Project The project aims to bring awareness to dogs who need space while training, recovering from surgery, or being rehabilitated.
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary “At the heart of our mission is the hands-on work of rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animal refugees — as well as educating the public about the horrific treatment of animals who are raised for food.”
- The Anaflora flower essences and essence formulas. Anaflora Flower Essences for Animals
Click to Feed an Animal
Latest TweetsTweets by Ntwoitive
- About Me
- Gallery: Animals I Know, Past & Present, in Body & in Spirit
- Interspecies Communication
- My Other Blog
- New York State Legislature Watch
- No-Kill Shelters in the United States
- Reading and Other Resources
- Reiki Stories
- Videos: Animals Receiving Reiki
- What Is Reiki? For Animals? Why Animals?
ASPCA — Get Involved!
4 Paws for Ability: “Providing canine miracles for people with disabilities worldwide”
Support the Animal Legal Defense Fund
a Member of SARAhttp://shelteranimalreikiassociation.com